Thanks to all who replied to my query about the book. It is in 7 sections on
the Arizona.edu site. The photos are there and are indeed good quality. I can
enlarge them on my tablet and really see the details.

The reason I'm digging into a Russian lace history is to put information
together for our IOLI charter chapter to present at programs in our local
libraries, including a very, very broad and brief history of the development of
lace. I only included European history and the question came up in our group,
"did European lace migrate to Russia or develop there independently?" In
Bridget Cook's book on Russian lace she says it dates to the 12th century,
predating bobbin and needlelace in Europe, but she may be referring to cutwork
or drawn/pulled thread work.

I found a book from 1906 on Google Books, Russia, Travels & Studies by Annette
M B Meakin, in which she says, "Lace was more worn in Russia than in any other
part of Europe...... yet.... the best books written upon the subject of lace in
Western Europe practically ignore Russia....." she goes on to praise Mme
Davydoff's book.

Arachne has members with amazing depth of knowledge. If any of you have
suggestions about how I should word a brief statement about the historic
development of Russian lace, I'd appreciate your input.

Jean Reardon, western Pennsylvania