As you know, color, fancy type faces, diagrams and photos cannot be  used
on Arachne mail..

When books are reviewed, it is nice to put a title in bold italics  instead
of using quote marks.  Some non-English language computers do  not take
kindly to quote marks and you are looking at a bunch of funny  characters when
we use them.

Italics would be a solution, if they work on mail passing through our  old
Arachne Server.  Let us test what happens with the series of  options below.
 Did any of these work everywhere?  Each time, after  describing 5 actions,
I have test-typed what has been described with the  phrase:

This is a test.

What happens with quote marks:  "This is a test."

What happens with italics:  This is a  test..

What happens with bold type:  This is a test.

What happens with both italics and bold:  This  is a test.

What happens with an underline:  This is a test.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA