Please thank Diana Smith!  She kindly sent a photo of her samples of "Old
Ripon" lace.  I've managed to make an Arachne Flickr album for her so that
everyone can enjoy Ripon lace.  What a good idea to add a ruler so we can
comprehend the scale!  The lozenges are familiar to me but the sample on the
left is different.  Take out the center diamond motif, & it reminds me a bit of
one of Jane Atkinson's free online patterns.   There may be some duplicate
photos & Diana's album was not alphabetized when I checked so if anyone wishes
to correct my Flickr input, please do!  Apologies to all for unintentionally
seceding Ripon from England to Scotland.  This has been the summer for learning
world history & geography while making lace!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA

Sent from my iPad