Jane,

unfortunately, I was only given the prickings.

This is an interesting idea?

Annette

From: Jane Partridge

Were any of the prickings shown alongside lace made from them?

pricking alternate pinholes, and second rows not being complete, could
result in the pricking for a different ground to what we know as point
ground?

there is a ground of honeycomb stitch (CTTpCTT) referred to as Spanish
Ground, and wondered whether this, or Kat Stitch, could have resulted from
misreading of an incomplete pricking.

Jane Partridge

  _____

From: f Annette Meldrum <ameld...@ozemail.com.au
<mailto:ameld...@ozemail.com.au> >

 They are designed for a triangular mantilla, with the borders heavily
worked and the ground worked in strips with flowers at intervals. Pins were
expensive, so they only used every second hole and it is evident that only
every second row is fully pricked.

---