Subject: Fwd: [lace] Spulfix bobbin winder for counter-clockwise winding

If you don’t mind my asking, why is it important to wind the bobbins in a
particular direction for Idrija? (I know I probably spelled that wrong.)

Jean Reardon, Western Pennsylvania where we just had our first dusting of
snow

Jean, I think if you are using a flat pillow (cookie or block) to do Idrija
lace you can wind the bobbins clockwise.  I believe the Idrija bobbins,
which are long, thick and heavy, are wound counter-clockwise for "palms up"
working on a bolster.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Ruth Johnson
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada