Hi Jopie

I agree with your comments about making picots and rules in general. We are
all different and our hands work in different ways. A technique that suits one
person might not suit another. A good teacher will learn as as many methods as
she comes across so that, if a student has trouble with one, she can try
another that may work more easily for her.

My rules of lace making go -
1 You MUST enjoy making it
2 Your lace MUST look as beautiful as you can manage
3 Your lace MUST ne suitable for its purpose, i.e. it must not fall to pieces
if washed or distort if used as a hanging if it was intended for these
purposes
4 You may break any rules except the ones above or make them up new ones, but
do not do it when teacher is watching.

Blow the dust

Alex