I just got my “Lace” magazine - does anybody know this frogging technique? Was
it traditionally made using ribbon or a metal strip? The picture looks to me
like a thin strip of gold-coloured metal, rather than ribbon, but I haven’t
heard of the technique before and I don’t know for sure.

Back when I was doing embroidery, I recall there was a place in London where
they sold real gold threads and purls, etc, for use in uniforms. Does anybody
know if that company is still running - or  better still, what its name is?

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)