This subject was introduced in December 2016, when the museum first opened.
 You can search our string of communication by searching The Lace Museum,
Detroit Michigan at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/index.html

Michigan lace makers have confirmed this facility is owned by Mary Salmon, who
had - at the time (2016) - not yet joined the local lace guild or IOLI.  She
has since joined per her web site and the 2018 IOLI Handbook.

Outstanding lace pictures are on the Detroit website at
 http://www.thelacemuseumllc.com/  .  The official site says they opened
in Nov. 2017, but our Arachne archive shows 2016.  (I am reporting here, and
sending a bcc to Ms. Salmon, because this is an example of how historians get
confused!)

Does anyone remember an official IOLI-sanctioned article about this Detroit
collection being published?  Perhaps someone in Michigan can provide a
current status?  I have changed the subject line above from LLC to Detroit
Michigan, so the Arachne file for all correspondence about this subject can be
found together, and does not get confused with Sunnyvale California.

For clarity, The Lace Museum in Sunnyvale CA was founded by The Lace Museum
Guild in 1976 and incorporated in 1981.   www.thelacemuseum.org/

To those who celebrate it - Happy Valentine's Day!

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
In a message dated 2/14/2018 2:50:34 AM Eastern Standard Time:
 This link has been sent to me by a friend and any of you living in Detroit,
USA might be interest in making a trip to this new museum, which apparently
only opened in November 2017. Looks interesting!

Catherine Barley, UK ----Original message----

Subject : THE LACE MUSEUM LLC

Hi thought you would like to see this website of a new lace museum.

http://www.thelacemuseumllc.com/