I have looked at Penny Nickels work and agree it is very impressive and can
recognise the influence of my Snow Queen panel, but for some reason my panel
does not seem to come into the category of 'Contemporary Fibre Art' - I wonder
why?  I know people are visiting my website by the number of hits it gets on a
regular basis and clearly they learn something from the detailed progressive
images that I have shown there, but my work seems to all be classified as
'living in the past' recreating old fashioned traditional techniques.  Perhaps
the skills that have taken me over forty years to perfect are the problem, and
maybe if I were to incorporate some irregular tension in my work, it may be
viewed as more 'avant- garde'.  Clearly we all learn from the old traditional
techniques so it is essential that they continue to be practised, otherwise
they will disappear into obscurity.

I wish you and all your exhibitors the greatest success with your exhibition.

Catherine Barley Needlelace
www.catherinebarley.com