From: owner-l...@arachne.com <owner-l...@arachne.com> on behalf of N.A. Neff
<nancy.a.n...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 8:34 AM
To: Arachne
Subject: [lace] Weaver's knot

Hello arachnids,

I've been attaching twine to the ends of the threads coming from each card
in my tablet-weaving deck, using a weaver's knot. In the course of this
practice (40 cards in my current deck, for example), I have figured out how
to do a weaver's knot so it holds. Because the threads are bigger and
different colors, I can see how the knot is made, and I can now make a good
one every time. (Ta dah!!)

Because there have been questions about weaver's knots in the past, and
because making this knot would often give me fits before my recent
epiphany, I've put together a series of rough photos that shows the steps
that work for me. Purple is the "broken thread" and cream the "new thread",
but that's probably obvious from the slip knot being made in the cream
thread.

These photos have been uploaded to Arachne2003 on Flickr, into the album
"Weaver's Knot". I strongly recommend getting two colors of twine or cord,
perhaps crochet cotton, and practicing while being able to see the knot as
you make it.

I hope someone finds these instructions useful.

Nancy
Connecticut, USA