Don't overlook places such as Grainger and Harbor Freight.
I just checked the Harbor Freight catalog and found a
clip-on loupe that leaves me determined to *finally* get
around to checking out their new store at 250 E.

So far, I've been getting along well with 3.5 reading
glasses from the dollar store, which I wear over my
prescription glasses.  Two of them are in tubes like those
made for carrying a toothbrush; I carry one in my jersey pocket and the other in my Little Bag of Stuff.

I also have a weaker folding pair from a supermarket; I carry it in my jeans pocket for reading the fine print on labels.

--
Joy Beeson
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/