Hello All!  I have conscientiously reviewed the Arachne Archives but did not
find an answer to my question, although I found many tidbits about Flanders
that I saved to my notebook. Thank you all for stocking the archives! I am
working a strip of “peas” using DMC broder machine 50 & DMC cordonnet 30. When
I reach the bottom of the pea, I need to cross the gimp & secure it within the
adjacent pairs before leaving the motif to continue the ground. The working
diagram clearly shows that the gimp passes thru each adjacent pair in the
opposite order.  I don’t regularly use gimp but somewhere in history I did & I
thought the gimp ends were supposed to “lie in the same shed”.  My recollection
from Torchon is that at the last pin, the pair on each side passes thru the
gimp, the gimp is crossed, then the gimp passes thru each opposing passive
pair. Then opposing passive pairs are each twisted to hold the two strands of
gimp snugly together.  Is this something specific to Fl!
 anders, lacemaker’s choice or faulty memory on my part?  Suggestions are
welcome.  Many thanks. Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA

Sent from my iPad