Hi Jeri,

I only catalogue my craft books so I have a very easy system that I use
-  more time to make lace.  :-)

It's called 'Book Catalogue' - an app, the Android version on my phone
and tablet.  It allows one to have various 'bookshelves' and sorting by
any category  -  Torchon, Beds, Honiton, Sewing, Hardanger, etc., and
the best part is is that you can scan the book with the camera on your
device or search the net by typing in the ISBN number.  You then get a
photo of the book, author, genre, date published, etc.  It is easy to
carry around and one doesn't need a spreadsheet to read it.  I do have
it backed up to my portable hard drive at home and use that to refer to
my shelves when trying to find a book.  I'd be totally lost without it.

Fiction and other books are ordered in categories, then author, on the
family bookshelves.  My DH has his own system for his electronic/radio
library.

Cheers,
Shirley T.  -  Autumn has at last arrived with a few mm of the wet stuff
but it stayed dry this morning for the Dawn Services (in Adelaide)
around Australia of our ANZAC commemorative events.