Hi Devon:

Doesn’t ring a bell, but I took a little run through Google:

There was a 1941 film called “A Woman's Face”, that was an American remake of a
1938 Swedish film with the same name. I’m suggesting it because I think both
are set in Sweden, so the lacemaking might be a factor. Plus, the disfigured
woman was also a blackmailer and during the movie tries to murder a young boy
who stands between her love interest and a fortune, so your memory of the man
discovering her to be a murderer might also be fit.

In the 1941 film the woman is played by Joan Crawford, and the Swedish one
starred Ingrid Bergman. The story was based on a French play.

Hope this helps.

Adele