The author Monica Ferris writes a series of mysteries usually found under
the subheading "cozy".  All of her titles are needlework related.  Her
second book "Framed in Lace" had some mention of lace making.
Unfortunately I read the book so long ago I can't remember how accurate it
was.

Helene
Near Myrtle Beach, SC