I’m not a computer programmer, just a computer user, but I’ve used drawing
programs to manipulate straight grid laces (torchon) into curved shapes since
the mid 1980s - IIRC it was 1984 when I first played around like that.

For some early examples of what I could do, and the hardware/software used
have a look at
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/lace/lacepics/lacepics.html

Brenda

> if any of you are computer programmers, 1984 and 1985 was a long time ago,
> but do you remember if you had any bright ideas about the resemblance
> between lace making or lace-patterns and coding? And if so, in what
> software language?

Brenda in Allhallows

paternos...@appleshack.com
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk