Jeri,Your trees sound delightful but I don't think I have ever seen what you
are describing. Small fir trees look out of place the rest of the year,
although my son has been known to keep his large tree up year round and
decorates it for the various holidays, including Halloween, when it sports
skulls, spiders, etc.  How about posting a photo or two of your trees when
decorated and put it on Flicker for us all to see.  Why pack them away for
summer, I could see lace shells shapes or even flip flops in lace hanging on
them.
Lace last weekend was teaching "Make & Take lace fish" at the San Diego County
Fair. In the three hours allotted to us, Linda Knott and I managed teaching
ten lace fishes, sometimes instructing two people at a time. Hard work, but
fun when we were busy.  Our craft station was at the end of the hobby
building and people only made their way down there when we had someone working
on a fish.  I got very little done on my own lace as I was busy rewinding
bobbins for the next rush.Janice Janice Blair Murrieta, CA, jblace.com