Hi Devon:

Depends on what you’re thinking of. The words organization or guild could
equally apply to the small lacemaking clubs that dot our landscape, where
individual lacemakers may be taught or helped but perhaps not in the direct and
systematic way you’re thinking of.

In 2019 The Denman & District Lace Club in British Columbia will be celebrating
its 100th year of continued regular meetings. They haven’t stopped for
anything. It was the ladies from the D&D who travelled to Vancouver to
demonstrate at the Pacific National Exhibition every year, who caught the eye
of the women who started the Vancouver Lace Club, which is now over 63 years
old. So, D&D isn’t a huge organization, but has had a wider influence.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)