You have read memos from me about Gawthorpe Hall, where the 2nd largest
textile collection in England (after the Victoria and Albert Museum) resides.

Gawthorpe was built between 1600 and 1605, before the Puritans landed on
Plymouth Rock (1620).  Another  historic frame of reference is that Queen
Elizabeth I died in 1603.

The Summer 2018 edition of the American magazine, Victorian Homes, features
properties "Restored and Resplendent".  Among them, Gawthorpe Hall, pages
32-41.  Decorative features - everything from wood carvings, furniture,
wallpaper, carpets, plastered ceilings, etc. give wonderful ideas for lace
and embroidery designs.  Wish they told more about the lace, embroidery, and
costume collections of Rachel Kay-Shuttleworth.

They did not give a web address, but I will - because so much that is
inspiring for guild programs can be found - at www.gawthorpetextiles.org.uk/

Work your way backwards to the blog for March 29th, to see a famous lace panel
"Battle of Britain". on exhibit this year.  If you wish to see items in the
collection, including lace and whitework, click on Online Gallery at the top
of the blog.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center