Hello Devon and everyone

The method shown looks like the way to do it for speed in production. In a
way reminds me of the efficiency of movement when touch-typing (now there's
a dying art, ha ha).
I've accidentally made lace the way she is doing - except really *slow* -
when I was holding the lace book open at a diagram with my right hand, to
look at while I used the fingers of my left hand to move the bobbins.
Fascinating. I wonder if she is making the leaf/tally with the left hand,
too. Maybe, maybe not.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada