Hello Lorri,

Sorry I'm a bit late responding to your query.

I have two cones of FFR thread given to me in the '80s.

One is on a grey cone with an internal sticker
ART 9052
140/2
WIT
CA 3500m
LOT 992

The second cone is blue with an internal sticker
Art 9051
100/2
WIT
CA 3000m
LOT 2290

The main thing is that this second cone is unused and is in its original wrapper. The wrapper has a sticker stating (in blue ink)

Fil de Lin a Dentelles
BOUC
2 BTS
F.F.R

I've just searched on line and there is a photo on the website
https://bobbinlace.online/2017/09/24/thread-use-bobbin-lace-use-linen-bobbin-lace-thread/
that shows two cones on the left of the picture, one is blue like mine, the other is green with a red label. The article makes clear that these are linen threads

So you are correct in that the thread is linen.

Best wishes,
Jane