Subject : RE: [lace] Turning Lace Bobbins

Abes books has it for about $30 which is about the cost price if I remember.
The other prices I saw were ridiculous.  I could sell my copy and retire!! Smile
I forgot to ask him if he has approached David direct as I believe he self
publishes sometimes??????

Brian

Thank goodness David has also resorted to self publishing and can't imagine
that anyone would purchase these out of print books as the extortionate prices
being advertised on well know internet sites for second hand copies ('I could
sell my copy and retire')!  This is what made me decide to take the financial
risk and re-print my own book Needlelace Designs & Techniques on a Print on
Demand basis.  Can you imagine how furious it makes an author feel,  to see
someone 'cashing in' on all the hard work they have done in writing the book in
the first place,  sit there in front of a computer screen and watch these
ridiculous prices being advertised, far beyond the pockets of most lacemakers (
for whom the book was written  in the first place)!  Always check with the
author of any out of print lace title before buying a second hand copy at an
extortionate price (unless you are able to find a reasonably priced copy), as
many authors are now self publishing.

Catherine Barley Needlelace
www.catherinebarley.com