I have been to both places, on the same trip to SF area.
Lacis (in Berkeley) is very easy to get to as there is a BART stop just about
across the street.

The Lace Museum is also fairly easy to get to by public transportation I am
told.  When I was there I went just there and was picked up at the airport as
I was to teach a class.  I have heard that if you call the museum they will
give you directions for the public transportation access.

Both are well worth the trip.  Lacis has a shop and now museum space with
great displays, check the web site for details.
The Lace Museum has great displays that are changed (not sure of the time
frame for change), again call or check the web site for details.  They also
had a small shop in the building.

I enjoyed both and would return again in 'a heart beat' if I were in the
area.

Lorri Ferguson

Hello, all -??
Wondering whether anyone here has been to the San Francisco area and can give
some thoughts of visiting Lacis (in Berkeley) versus The Lace Museum (in
Sunnyvale).
Many thanks,Arlene in NJ