I have been remiss in announcing the arrival of the Winter 2019 IOLI
Bulletin. I got it a couple weeks ago, accompanied by the annual handbook.
Also, on FaceBook, I saw a post by the Lace Guild that the current digital
Lace magazine is now available. Better yet, in July of this year, the
digital-only Early Days magazine will be available to members for just an
additional $5. I've been curious about that publication, thinking it might
be a help in teaching kids and newcomers.

As for the Bulletin contents:

Detailed information about this year's Convention in Spokane Valley,
Washington

Articles by a couple convention teachers: Karen Thompson (Ipswich lace) and
Mimi Dillman (tatting)

Memorials for Judy Zeiss and Marion Jones

Proficiency Program information

Laurie Waters' second article about Learning Needlelace (I've added this to
my list of future projects. She makes it seem doable.)

Jennifer Kohn on 3D tatting

Spangling bobbins by Lilly Douglass

A summary of the recent Figural Lace exhibit at the Lace Museum in
Sunnyvale, with photos, by Evelyn McMillan.

Lia Baumeister-Jonker's overview of lace history and identification with a
couple patterns

Photos and description of the creation of an exhibit piece Ulrike Voelker
designed and then executed with the help of three of her students.

Jean Reardon, western Pennsylvania