First, I am NOT a Russian lace expert!

After looking aat Clare's photos I scrolled down the rest of the page and
my eye was held by a yin/yang photo made for the 2017 motif exchange.  The
centres are what the French call 'araignees russes' or Russian spiders
(they were probably the first I'd ever made, the original had leaf tallies
which I couldn't get to look like anything!)

Going back to Clare's photos - I don't think the first two are at all the
same thing, there's no sign of the sewing that is done at each spoke,
whereas the third, surrounded by a definitely Russian braid, has the
tresses and sewings...

But as I say, I'm not an expert, far from it, that's just my little
centime's worth!

Sue in Montelimar, on top of the world since Wales beat England at Rugby!