Fascinating article and thank you Jeri for asking Devon to post it on arachne.
I've read the latest post about many thinking the collar to be that of
needelace and not bobbin lace but can only get the NYT article on my laptop and
not my iPad, where I was hoping to enlarge the portrait enabling me to pass an
opinion as to whether I think it is needlelace or not, but unfortunately
neither mine or my husband's iPad will allow!  I shall be watching with
interest the discussions on Lace News.

Catherine Barley UK

Catherine Barley Needlelace
www.catherinebarley.com