Bev, I wouldn’t call it quality control! Both lists are valuable as
filters. Having all these lace-making friends and not having friendly
chatter need to be banned because it clogged up the list ...which mattered
even more when we all had email limits, either on quantity or how much our
300-baud modems could download.... meant we could build the interpersonal
bonds freely. So I go to lace for technical things, and lace-chat to hang
out....and this was the first group I used electronic platforms to hang out
on. FaceBook did not exist yet.
--
Martha Krieg (Michigan)