Hi Alice,

Do you have a reference for all that historical info about lassen? Het
Lassen?

The flounces and edgings I've seen with joins all have overcast seams,
which could be hidden in the ruffling of the flounce, but perhaps I've not
been looking hard enough -- if the lassen were well done, I guess it would
be easily overlooked. Of course, many of the flounces were needle lace, and
I've only ever heard of lassen on 90-degree gridded bobbin lace. Does your
understanding include more?

Thanks,
Nancy
Connecticut, USA