Hello everyone,

I have a question about lace pillows in the 17th century Dutch Republic
that I hope you can help me with.

I'm giving a talk at the end of the week on lacemaking in Holland in the
17th century, focusing mainly around Nicolaes Maes's 1656 portrait "The
Lacemaker" (as seen at the link).
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/436932?&searchField=All&sortBy=Relevance&ft=the+lacemaker&offset=0&rpp=20&pos=1

Although I have combed through several books that discuss global bobbin
pillow types (such as Gertrude Whiting's Tools and Toys of Stitchery) there
is not much information on Dutch pillows.The pillow pictured appears to be
similar to one of the Belgian pillows pictured in Whiting's book, which
makes sense, but there is not much detail about it. It is certainly I type
I have seen depicted but not described often.

Can anyone point me towards more specific information?

Thank you very much!
All the Best,
Elena