Many thanks to Bev Walker for helping solve the mystery!! And the answer
is—Jacqui’s design appeared in Canadian Lace Gazette Winter 2000. It was a hand
drawn pricking & the thread was specified as DMC Metallic 3-strand thread. I
saw her holly design in Lace #132 October 2008 published by Lace Guild. It was
so appealing, I marked the page with a sticky note & saved it all these years.
With her untimely passing, I decided to make her ornament this year—my homage
to her for her generous help & advice. Unfortunately, somehow between 2000 &
2008, her design was professionally redrafted & the berry thread paths are not
the same, even though the instructions may have stayed the same. Gremlins! The
2008 version also calls for Madeira 40 metallic thread. It is much finer & the
resulting lace is quite ethereal. It shows up nicely against a solid background
but sort of disappears when hanging freely. I confess that I have no clue what
DMC Metallic 3-strand thread looks like. Loo!
 king in Brenda’s book, I see DMC Fil Metallise Art No 272 is 2s/3z. Can anyone
advise me whether this is the item in question? The holly ornament is adorable
& I would like to make another but need to sort out the thread situation. Many
thanks for any help. Sincerely, Susan Hottle FL, USA

Sent from my iPad