Wow, Walrus Ivory?? Is it the same as Elephant Ivory? Same quality?
Suddenly I am thinking about Narwhal Ivory! I am fascinated by Narwhals since
they are the only “natural” unicorns on the planet! Makes them ultra
special!
By the way, I am thrilled that Diana has real ivory bobbins! Personally, I
wouldn’t know a real Ivory bobbin if it leaped up off a lace pillow and
smacked me in the face. Obviously they were an upper market item destined for
lace pillows that were owned by middle to upper class lacemakers. Lower market
lacemakers, who were making lace for income, would, most likely, have had bone
and wooden bobbins. I am sure their bone bobbins were treasured even back
then.

Cearbhael

Sent from my iPhone