I've got my copy with me here in North Wales as it's a good reference for
needlelace stitches. (I'm running a Lacemaking Weekend as a fundraiser for the
preserved railway where I volunteer tomorrow and Sunday).

First published in 1874, reprinted by Lacet Publications in 1994. ISBN 1 874688
05 2

The Antique Point she included was Branscombe Point, not Battenberg, Jane :-)

The book also has instructions for making Honiton (bobbin) lace, some history
and how to care for lace (though the methods would probably raise eyebrows now).

Jane Partridge
Jane Viking-Sover  wrote:
Re:Mrs. Treadwin

Hi, Mrs. Treadwin wrote a book titled Antique Point and Honiton Lace.  The
Antique Point is the Battenberg I make today, the Honiton is bobbin lace.
(snip).....
 I can't find my copy of her book at the moment so I can't give you the
details on that. Very good for braid lace.

 Jane in Vermont, USA where it's not too cold yet
 jvik...@sover.net