Thank you, everyone, for the concerns for us all over here in Australia.  The
bush fires have been, - and still are – horrendous.
I live in  an outer suburb of Melbourne, and we are quite safe, - but it is
lucky we were not in Mallacoota where they had to evacuate everyone by Sea –
the largest evacuation of people in Australian History, we are told!!  It is
where we have been holidaying for the last 45 years, - but 2 years ago we had
to stop going there as it was too far, and we were not managing to tow the
boat, and use it, as we are really too old for that now!!   This last
Christmas was just the 2nd year we have stayed at home, - so we were Very
lucky. However it breaks our hearts to see the destruction there. It is such a
pretty town and such friendly locals, who always had a smile and friendly
greeting for us when we went back there.  It was our ”Home away from
Home”!

These terrible fires are still burning, some are still out of control, but we
have not heard of any Lacemakers burned out. I know of 2 lacemakers on the
South East coast, who have been evacuated twice, but are now both back in
their homes – hopefully for good!

A very big Thank You to New Zealand, Canada, and USA for sending some
firefighters over to help out. They are doing a great job.

All the Fireies, from everywhere, are so brave, and have been working
literally day and night to try to gain some control. They are all SO brave,
and they are all Heros in everyone’s eyes.  (Yes, that is written correctly
=- Fire-ies – firefighters, with the Aussie abbreviation of the word

Regards from Liz. L.
Melbourne,. Oz.