Hi Devon and all,

Although I couldn't find a video of a bolster being made, to show the banana leaf filling, the video in this link shows the bobbins made of jungle nuts and reed stems, as well as the cactus thorns used instead of pins. They are quite suitable to the coarse nature of the bolster and the thread thickness they prefer.
Something I love is their bold use of eye-popping colours!
Enjoy,

Debora Lustgarten
Toronto, Ontario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBmM7QEKlU