Whilst idly combing the net (like you do in COVID!) I have discovered
that they found bobbin fragments at a digging in Sydney rock (probably
years ago.

Here is the thing.. all i know about UK bobbins and I do not have clue
about Oz bobbins!

  Findings: The Material Culture of Needlework And Sewing  A Google
  book  Page 159.

Yep i have sent the an email to find out more.  They claim a piece of an
Honiton was found..they have a pic of probably a south bucks, but more
likely a continental bobbin.

We will see what comes of this.

BTW American readers, they have also uncovered bobbin stuff at "Five
Points" excavation.  Anyone know about their findings?

--
Brian
Cooranbong. Australia