Hi Sue,

How pretty! And what a good photo -- the details are quite clear when
enlarged.

It is needle-run lace, embroidery on net. The net is machine-made, and the
embroidery is also almost certainly done by machine although I wouldn't
claim to be 100% sure unless I could see the back. It is a very nice one,
which would lead me to date it to the late 1800s.

As I say, it is a particularly nice example of this kind of lace -- a
beautiful design and well executed.

Best wishes,

Nancy

Connecticut, USA