Sorry for previous post....accidentally hit the send button too soon!

*****

Regarding Elena’s comment below, there have been other haute couture houses
which used bobbin lace. One of note was a spectacular Pierre Balmain gown, the
bodice of which was almost entirely of ‘point d’esprit’ (leaves) in
various tonal peach shades. The lace was made by lacemakers at Hôtel de la
Dentelle in Brioude, France. Nathalie Bailly taught a Cluny de Brioude class
at the IOLI convention in Montreal (in 2007 ?) and showed us pictures of it. I
believe they have done other such commissions.

Vicki in Maryland