Dear Brian,

Thank you as always for sharing your research.

It’s true that the Met made many images available to the public in recent
years, but those that still have copyright limitations generally come from
restrictions put in place by the donor or the artist. However, it’s my
understanding that the press department doesn’t charge anything to publish
images anymore, you just have to contact them for permission to publish
restricted images.

Although I don’t work in the curatorial department responsible for these
bobbins, I do think that there could be interest in having supplemental
research about them added to our internal files. I can forward that along if
you are interested, my email address is elena.kanagy-l...@metmuseum.org.

I’m replying all to this message so that others who may wish to publish images
will have this information as well. Again, not my department, but I hope to
shed some light!

Best,
Elena