On November 23, 2020, at 2:36 PM, lacysuze...@gmail.com wrote:

>Having participated in several Great Lace Race events in Cortland, OH back in
>the day, I can only say it’s not a race. It’s Lace! If any former Race
>winners are present, please confirm.  ;-)

I am, in fact, one of the former Race winners and I fully agree with Susan; it
is most assuredly not a race (except in Cortland on MLK day, in days gone by).
😁

I also agree that picking up most styles of bobbins from a cookie pillow is
difficult and (as a result) very slow.  I know several lacemakers who pick up
bobbins to work 'palms up', but only when doing leaves and tallies.  The same
two pairs will be in your hands for awhile, so it's sensible.

Robin P
Los Angeles, California, USA