Hi all,

I'm with Alex -- I most enjoy puzzling out a new pattern or reconstruction
of 17th -- 18th C Binche/Valenciennes. I gain most pleasure from getting it
right with the best technique I'm capable of, and speed is only an issue in
relatively boring spots such as cloth stitch -- hence my having learned to
speed up cloth stitch.

The all-absorbing challenge of a complicated, asymmetric pattern is heaven,
and I don't necessarily want it to go by too fast.

To each her own. Fascinating diversity keeps the world an interesting
place. And faster means more lace so thank heavens most people go faster
than I do!!

Nancy
Ashford, Connecticut, USA