In Holland there is a museum, De Kantfabriek, in which the machines are still
running. They do make lace, but not really for sale. The machines are running
during the tours. This is their website: https://www.museumdekantfabriek.nl
<https://www.museumdekantfabriek.nl/>
I will have a look for photo’s and publish them than on Flickr.

Best regards,

Gon Homburg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

> Op 12 feb. 2021, om 09:50 heeft Maureen <maur...@roger.karoo.co.uk> het
volgende geschreven:

> And there is a Facebook page called Descendents of the lacemakers of
Calais.

> Regards
> Maureen
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I would look at the website of ‘The Australian Lacemakers of Calais’
who have lots of information about the machine lacemakers who left England in
the early 1800s and set up in Calais only to have to leave during the French
Revolution. A book called ‘Well Suited to the Colony’ was written by
Gillian Kelly gives lots of information.  I was asked to review this book by
the Lace Guild about 2007 and as a result found the above website. I also
found the then chairman, I think he is or was based in Sydney, extremely
helpful as well as Gillian Kelly.  Both sent photos and all sorts of
information and even provided a link for a working machine. I gave a few talks
at the time.