I probably see one or occasionally a so called set, say 2 or three times a year.

They are  probably the most expensive bobbins and indeed if we are looking at quality... overpriced.  However they are a significant social history bobbin and understandably well sought after.

I have some problems about recommending certain sites and newsletters to enable you keep your eyes open for them coming up in auctions.  Most appear to be sold by a couple of the bigger auction houses and not so much on sites like eBay.

My problem is that people who already subscribe to the said auction house newsletters often give me a serve as my recommendation tends to "put prices up"!!  They are nice about it and do not "flame me"

I suggest that if you are a potential buyer then do a bit of research and you will find the best potential sources.

Re ..Rare, Would need to put these in a rare category. There are quite number in existence but owners tend to want to keep them

Sorry

Brian
Cooranbong. Australia