Firstly, I will add my 'happy birthday' to Arachne, having been a member since
July 1995 (we've been going 27 years now). Thanks to everyone who has
supported others and shared their lace journey over the years.

As some of you will know, I volunteer on a small preserved railway in
Porthmadog, North Wales, and for about ten years now have been organising
lacemaking events to raise money for the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway
(which is a registered charity).

Last year, due to Covid lockdowns we couldn't get together on site so I moved
the events to an event page on Facebook, which has proved successful and I
have had requests to carry on doing the events virtually even when we can meet
up again.

This coming weekend is the first event of 2021. We are still prevented from
meeting on site due to the current restrictions so what would have been our
April Lacemaking Weekend, getting together in the volunteers' 'mess' to chat
and make lace, will again be done totally online.

The link to the page is below, but please note you won't be able to post to
the event discussion until after 10.30am (BST) on Saturday. Due to the funeral
of the Duke of Edinburgh taking place on Saturday afternoon, there will be a
pause in the event from about 2.40pm for the duration. We will then carry on
until 9.00pm on Saturday and 10.30am to 9.00pm on Sunday.

Please do join in, making lace in the safety of your own home and sharing
photos and comments with us.

The link to the page is:

https://fb.me/e/261fi7NdN

Jane Partridge