Hi fellow lacemakers,

I recently discovered the YouTube videos from "Chateau Diaries" channel - and am learning all sorts of interesting things about French fabrics, furniture & food, as well as about old French chateaus that are being restored back to their former glory. Recently read Nancy Mitford's book about Marquise de Pompadour, mistress of Louis XV.

One episode that I watched recently was a tour of the La Mirande Hotel in Avignon, France. This building was originally the Cardinal's Palace & is next door to the Palais des Papes where the Christian Pope resided during the 14th Century.

At the 24.33 minute mark, Stephanie mentions that there is a cabinet in one of the corridors. So for 12 seconds the lace in the cabinet can be seen, and she focuses on the "women" in the lace that is across the bottom of the shallow cabinet. The whole video is worth watching.

Estonia has been experiencing a heatwave for 3 weeks at least, so there is a fire alert as everything is so dry. But it's also sad about the devastation caused by flooding in Germany & other countries. And there are also the forest fires in Canada.

Take care of yourself first, & then you'll be able to look after your loved ones.

Penelope