In the meantime, I intend to continue to move other old requests through. Here
are the first set of Wikipedia requests that have been open since 2011:

  *   Wikipedia Jawi
(Djawi)<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Jawi>
 (djw): Extinct Australian language. No test project was ever created.
Rejecting.
  *   Wikipedia
Bafia<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Bafia>
 (ksf): Spoken by 60,- 120,000 Cameroonians.  Test has about 20 pages and is
moribund. But there's no reason this should not be eligible.
  *   Wikipedia
Mundang<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Mundang>
 (mua): Language of about 240,000 in Chad and Cameroon. One page in test dating
to the time of the request, then nothing. Requester no longer active at WMF.
Rejecting as stale.
  *   Wikipedia Simple German
4<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Simple_German_4>:
 The only thing that makes this request different is that it refers to a
standard for simplified German being developed at the University of Hildesheim;
see
https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/leichtesprache/leichte-sprache-regeln/#c36425%7Chere.
 I'm going to wait a week for comments from the Committee, but I intend to
reject this, with the following additional notations: (1) It is better to have
such content live in German Wikipedia. (2) In any event, such content would
have to incubate in German Wikipedia first; proposed "simple" projects are not
permitted in Incubator. (3) If and only if this becomes a well-accepted
standard, there is substantial content residing in German Wikipedia, and then
German Wikipedia petitions the committee to spin the simple project off, we
would consider it in the future.
  *   Wikipedia
Kwasio<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Kwasio>
 (nmg): Another Cameroonian language, now with 25,-75,000 speakers. Two pages
only, from time of request, then moribund. Requester no longer active at WMF.
Rejecting as stale.

Steven