Shout-out to User:Ooswesthoesbes for doing the bulk of the work in helping me
do the summer 2018 update on Incubator statistics. Criteria for
"substantial/active" are now: 25 mainspace pages and/or one non-administrative
page creation since 1/1/2018. Given that, and excluding Santali Wikipedia,
which has been created, but not yet deleted from Incubator, the current
statistics are as follows:

  *   There are 1,018 tests with at least one valid content page.  Of those,
443 (44%) are substantial and/or active.
  *   Of the 1,018 tests, 518 are Wikipedias, 194 are Wiktionaries, and 306 are
others.
  *   Of the 443 substantial/active tests, 14 currently meet the activity
standard for approval. (A couple of the 14 are borderline cases, but I'm
willing to include them for statistical purposes.) Of the 14, only one is
actually ready for approval. (Email to follow.)
  *   Of the 575 tests that are not substantial/active, about 2/3 contain five
mainspace pages or fewer.

Without doing a full statistical summary, I will add that with the creation of
Chinese Wikiversity this summer, neither Beta Wikiversity nor Multilingual
Wikisource has any test that meets the activity standard for approval. (In
fact, only one test on these two wikis—Hebrew Wikiversity—has even two regular
contributors every month.)

Steven