W dniu 2014-02-22 11:01, Daniel Naber pisze:
> On 2014-02-22 10:17, Marcin Miłkowski wrote:
>
>> got under JMeter. Then I run JMeter for half an hour, bombarding the
>> server with series 50 queries, 5 per second, and I didn't see much of a
>> problem. But I only tested several languages.
>>
>> Daniel, does the server still crash after my change?
>
> What kind of crash do you refer to, did you get an exception before your
> fix?

Literally hundreds of exceptions reported on standard error (I think
they might have been suppressed before because all but IOExceptions were
silently discarded somewhere).

> On languagetool.org the problem seems network-related, there's no
> crash but the server hangs. But it's rather rare nowadays, so it takes
> weeks before I can say whether a change really helped or not.

OK, I'm going to stress the server even more. Maybe there will be some
crash or hanging after all. The hanging might have been caused by the
double-lock anti-pattern.

By the way, we really need to cache the rules. Loading XML rules takes a
lot of time (I'm profiling at the same time).

Regards,
Marcin