Hi all,

I added a new feature in the unification today: ignoring tokens. Think
of punctuation, adverbs that do not have any gender or number, weird
idiomatic expressions, or connectives. To silently add these to the
unified sequence, simply use:

<unify>
    <feature id="gender"/>
    <feature id="number"/>
    <token>foo</token>
     <unify-ignore>
         <token>,</token>
     </unify-ignore>
     <token>foo</token>
</unify>

The comma will be then added without checking whether it agrees with
other tokens (frankly, it cannot, as commas are not inflected). One
particularly interesting use for Polish -- and probably other inflected
languages such as German -- is that it is relatively very easy to
identify noun groups as a sequence of agreeing tokens with a connective
or a comma inside. In other words, this could be used to group tokens,
not only for filtering them (alas, we don't have code for adding chunks
just yet).

I also found and fixed a small bug in the pattern rule code: the
unification rules were broken if there were any tokens after </unify> in
the pattern. Now they are matched correctly.

Regards,
Marcin