W dniu 2014-03-03 11:39, Daniel Naber pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I've created some wireframe mockups for a potential new online rule
> editor. Why do we need a rule editor? While the experienced contributors
> have no problem with the XML syntax, that might not be the case for
> potential new contributors. Maybe they don't know XML, they have no XML
> editor, and/or they don't want to learn it.
>
> Like the existing online editor[1], this is just the editor. It starts
> with an empty rule (or an example rule) and it ends with XML. There's no
> way to really use, load, or save your rule. This is something that's
> important, but it will be the next step.
>
> Unlike the existing online editor, this one is supposed to support all
> features we can express in XML. As this is quite a lot, the idea is to
> 'support' unknown elements and attributes by just showing them without
> any further help or elements in the user interface. For example, an
> unknown attribute would just be two fields: one 'key' field and one
> 'value' field.

In general, I think we should tend to use more key-value style thinking
in our XML (just like it is done with unification right now), so the
idea to support his kind of structure is very good.

> Yet, the important elements should all be supported
> properly.

I think that phrases can be left for the future (I'm thinking of
deprecating them) but the rest is pretty much useful.

> Please have a look at the attached PDF, which shows the three main
> steps: you first add example sentences, then you create the rule
> pattern, and finally the pattern is evaluated against our
> Wikipedia/Tatoeba corpus. Please let me know if something is missing or
> if you have any suggestions.

* We need an easy non-XML way to move markers in the error patterns.
This is what I miss in the current 'easy' interface.

* Synthesizer is very hard to use, and we should make it easier in the
editor. Probably some help in terms of a simple regexp testbed on tags
would be needed.

* We need to make it clear that elements can be repeated (min, max).
This should be easy to implement in the UI (two numeric fields with a
plus/minus icon).

* There's no way to use skipping here. This is also very useful but hard
to use.

Best regards,
Marcin