now, i'm learning and try to read a lot of article about tc command in linux for setting traffic shaper.
but i'm doubt about
In the theory about tc command ... In general, we define class under root qdisc
but Is it can be possible ???? If we define another qdisc under root qdisc, Can i do it?
because i have just read tc command syntax and i found this point ...

syntax: tc qdisc [add/del] dev String
[handle][root /ingress/ parent CLASSID]
[QDISC_KIND] := {fifo /tbf/ prio/ cbq/ htb/ hfsc}

from above syntax at [handle][root /ingress/ ****parent CLASSID]
Is "parent CLASSID" mean we can define qdisc under class????
so this is my assumption about that. and Could you advise me about Is it can do for real????

//first .. define root qdisc
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: fifo
//second ... define class under root qdisc but algorithm's not same like root qdisc algorithm
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100kbps ceil 100kbps
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:2 hfsc rate 100kbps ceil 100kbps
//later attach qdisc to those classes
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 10:11 htb rate 100kbps ceil 100kbps
tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:2 classid 10:21 hfsc rate 100kbps ceil 100kbps

Is is true or false????
Thank you so much, and so sorry for my bad english language.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE!